Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:59:08 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, The Mad Scientist <madscientist@thegrid.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Riddle me this

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10001271010530.3225-100000@tetron02.tetronsoft
ware.co
m>, Gene Harris writes:
> I prefer a slightly different approach. My syslog.conf file
> contains the two lines:
>
> !ipfw
> *.*			/var/log/ipfw

I use swatch3 (swatch3 and 2 Perl module ports are ready but I haven't
submitted the PR's yet to have them included in ports).

I use the following .swatchrc to display some messages in red, others
in blue, and the rest black (or white).

ignore = /ipfw:.* Deny .* blahblah.*/
ignore = /ipfw:.* Deny .* 10\.blahblah.*/
watchfor = /refused connect from/
        echo=red,inverse
        bell
watchfor = /ALERT:/
        echo=red,inverse
        bell
watchfor = /Deny TCP blahblah blah blah in via xl0/
        echo=blue
watchfor = /Deny TCP blahblah blahblah:113 in via xl0/
        echo=blue
watchfor = /Deny TCP blahblah blahblah:80 in via xl0/
        echo=blue
watchfor = /ipfw:.* Deny .* in via /
        echo=red
        bell