Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 19:49:33 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        donegan@quick.net, jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za, jdp@polstra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current build is now broken..

You failed  to take into consideration the culture and level expertise
involved. Yes, it is generally true that is good to have problems pointed
out however :
1. Some environs quickly forget to tackle problems and chose the easy
   route of pointing out problems.

2. If you are aware that the individual can help and is lazy by way of
   just pointing the problem specially when you are up to your ears
   with the situation then why not help ?

3. Is always easier to point out problems than to contribute.

Some companies bypass this level of cultural management and they
just simply swamp their brilliant minds with work in the hope of
keeping them focus in the process.

Not sure how to respond to your question, in lieu of the current
spams in the hackers mailing list . Just casually reading the list
I see many complaints yet I don't get a real sense of the group
banding together to solve problems. The ones that are really
working hard are just quietly typing away at the keyboard is one
of my guesses or just don't want to par take on the -hackers spamming.

As for bug reporting , if I think that the bug reporter can actually
fix the bug -- I feel morally obligated to ask for a patch well at least
thats my attitude when it comes to public domain work.

My guess is  that at the rate that things are going on the -hackers list
we are surely bound to win some Golden award for the highest noise/ratio
in the internet 8)

	Best Regards,
	Amancio