Date:      09 May 2002 12:36:00 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Lawrence Mayer dsg <Lawrence.Mayer@dsg.ki.se>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AbiWord precompiled package

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 12:28, Lawrence Mayer dsg wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Thank you for porting AbiWord 1.0.1 to FreeBSD. Could you please also
> update the precompiled package to v1.0.1 ? (You still have v1.0.0 as a
> precompiled package.)

This is done automatically by the bento package building cluster.=20
However, we recommend you build all your GNOME stuff from ports.

>=20
> According to v1.0.1 Release Notes
> (http://www.abisource.com/release-notes/1.0.1.html), there were a number
> of fixes made in moving from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1 .
>=20
> Is there still time for a precompiled package of AbiWord 1.0.1 to be
> bundled (on the extra CD) with FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE, due to ship June 1? I=
> so, isn't that another reason to post a precompiled package of AbiWord
> 1.0.1 as soon as possible?

I think this will happen.  The ports tree hasn't been frozen, yet,
though.  As soon as crunch time begins, we'll be notified if there are
any problems with the package building process.

Joe

>=20
> Warm Greetings,
> Lawrence Mayer
> Ume=E5, Sweden
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
>=20
--=20
PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc