Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 07:15:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        tulchins@voland.phoebe.com (Steven Tulchinsky)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EXABYTE  SCSI tape

As Steven Tulchinsky wrote:

> Here is my problem. I can't make my SCSI tape drive
> work. If drive is empty at the boot time I get:
>   (ahc0:3:0): "EXABYTE EXB-8200 2618" type 1 removable SCSI 1
> st0(ahc0:3:0): Sequential-Access density code 0x0,  drive empty

Hmm, i've got some sort of Exabyte 8 mm drive working.  I think it's
been an EXB-85XX however.  I've also got some patches for it sitting
for a review.

Re: your crashes: i think Justin's recent ahc driver fixes might help
you.  It's _not_ normal that you end up with a directory containing
silly device nodes instead of regular files, this is causes by
something stomping across your disk in a very rude way (and i've only
seen it on the ahc driver, until my boss finally bought me a second
AHA2940 for tape & cdrom).

--
cheers, J"org