Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:56:39 -0400
From:      "Stephen Nadas" <nadas@raleigh.ibm.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Reilly <michaelr@cisco.com>
Subject:   Re: IBM TP 600

Michael,

you can try the following (i've not tried it on a 600... so your
mileage may vary)

-Steve Nadas

<<patseal@hyperhost.net>,Ralf Meyer <<ralf@thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE>

</color>I believe I had this problem w/770 on 2.2.8 with 96MB.  I had remove

a SIMM, then gen with

options		"MAXMEM=(97728)"

where 97728 is what the bios reports when system powers up to get
this

to work.  do make install, halt, reinstall simm and all is well (no
more

intermittant freezes) there are some related posts in the mobile
archives

(look for thinkpad or 770 I forget which) I suspect some weirdness in

the IBM bios as 96*1024 != 97728

Regards,

Steve Nadas