Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:20:04 +0100
From:      Bjorn Eikeland <bjorn@eikeland.info>
To:        David Banning <david+dated+1076356567.15d177@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: using a separate drive for swap

So you're adding a new drive to your box, wanting to
keep your old root and other partitions?

If so you should be able to just put a freebsd partition
and set up disklables b (swap) and c (the whole disk) on
the new drive and then add it to /etc/fstab as swap.
(This can be done in 'gui' in sysinstall under fdisk and disklabel - not
the /etc/fstab edit though :)
If you dont want to do any rebooting you can use
swapon(8) I think.

You would moslikely want to only use the new drive for
swapp space as you dont have to share disk i/o with the
disk containing the os and your data.

hth
Bjorn

Pa Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:56:05 -0500, skrev David Banning