Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:49:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Edward Wolpert <wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD-rom, new drive, and other questions

Folks-
	I'm about to ask questions that have been asked before, but
I havn't found on the FAQ, handbook, or the mail archive.  (At least, from
what I've seen)

	1) Second hard drive (1.0 Gig) installed on wdc0, the kernel
sees it, now I want to partition it, newfs it, and mount it.  Somewhat
confused on the best way to do it.  How do others do this?  (What specific
steps do you take?)

	2) I have a cd-rom ide drive (from creative labs) on irq 15.
The boot up find the wdc1 fine, but not the cd-rom.  What are the kernel
mods that are needed? What I've tried so far didn't work.  (Also, the
2.1 install kernel can't find it either.)

	I'm running FBSD-current (As of Feb3.  )  My IDE controller can
actually handle four drives, but neither dos or FBSD could see the
cdrom on the  IDE controller.  Dos could see it on the card that came
with the cdrom.  I also have a soundblaster from creative labs( SB16)
but the FBSD kernel couldn't see it there either.

	3) Finally, when I play stuff through the SB16 (.au files) I
just get some noise.  It has the correct IRQ et al., anyone else
see this?

	Thanks.

--
               Virtually,
               Edward Wolpert

 ------------------------------  "Nothingness is the worm at the
|wolpert@utk.edu               |  center of being."  -Sartre
|wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu      |
[DC 92 17 C1 7A 42 06 73  66 9D A9 00 52 07 6B 3B]