Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:42:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   VM answer requested

I've brought this up before, but...

FreeBSD has a number of very valuable features in its VM to aid in
tracking coding errors... unmapping page 0, etc..

What about the aligned access bit in recent Intel processors?

I'd like to be able to turn on the bit so that I get a fault (and it
kills the offending process) when an unaligned access occurs.

I'd also like to get kernel faults if this happens in the kernel
(it is my opinion that it should never be allowed to happen in the
kernel, and there should be a sanitization pass to insure it).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.