Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 00:08:23 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: BSD chpass

4.1-RELEASE and 4.1-STABLE do not seem to be vulnerable because the format
string bug upon which the exploit relies is gone. (It took me awhile to
hunt this one down. It was in /src/usr.sbin/vipw/pw_util.c -- not in the
directory with the source for chpass itself.) 4.0-RELEASE and all earlier
releases I've tested seem to be vulnerable.

--Brett