Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:19:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: Native JDK with libthr/libkse

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> > > And I encourage the java developers to let us threads guys know
> > > what they're having problems with.  It has been stated that
> > > jdk is not guaranteed to work with anything but libc_r, so
> > > contact us over at threads@.  We want to see a fast and stable
> > > jdk as much as anyone else does.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dan Eischen
> >

> >   But the last that I've seen on the threads@ list is that libkse's signal
> > handling is not finished, and both libthr and libkse have incomplete SMP
> > support.  I've been waiting to hear whether one of these has reached a
> > "finished" state, in order that a test build of jdk on FreeBSD 5 is not a
> > total waste...
>
> SMP libkse support should be complete.  We are working on signal
> handling now, but it's fudged to mostly work.  Mozilla, KDE,
> and openoffice all run with libkse.

  Does "fudged" mean that the issue MySQL not exiting has also been
resolved?  That seems like something that would break a java application
real fast.

  Also at what point was support completed?  I'm not sure if I need to
cvsup again.  I last cvsupped -current on May 31st.  Would that be the
latest and greatest libkse?

> --
> Dan Eischen

Tom