Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 1996 01:30:47 PST
From:      faried nawaz <nawaz921@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        NGNR41A@prodigy.com (MR GRAEME D SMART)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dns daemon

MR GRAEME D SMART wrote...

   I'm assuming that I haven't downloaded all the files needed, or
   didn't do the proper installation, or both.  At first I did the basic
   User install and couldn't find it.  Then I reinstalled but didn't
   have the src/ssys files, where I'm thinking my problem may be.
   Could you tell me precisely what files/libraries I need to get the
   NAMED daemon up and running? (I'm using release 2.1.0)
   Also any other clues that may be helpful.

you probably have all the files, actually.  you just need to set a
few things up.  the o'reilly book on dns and bind is a good reference.
try http://www.ora.com and look around.  cheap and extremely useful.

i have been running named on freebsd 2.0.5, 2.1, -current, and have been
partially managing name services on the UI computers.  i can help.