Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:40:34 +0800
From:      Spades <spades@galaxynet.org>
To:        "Adam Tuttle" <adamtuttle@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rooted

  You probably didn't update your source lately, you may like to cvsup

as quite a few vulnerabilities appeared during the last 3-4 weeks.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-01:49/telnetd.patch

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-01:49/telnetd.patch.asc

# cd /usr/src/

# patch -p << /path/to/patch

# cd /usr/src/libexec/telnetd

# make depend && make all install