Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:18:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yonny Cardenas Baron <y-carden@uniandes.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Theme for thesis with 4.4BSD (FreeBSD)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Yonny Cardenas Baron wrote:

> I am an student of a M.Sc. in Computer Science, I am looking a theme for
> my thesis and I would like to work on networking with 4.4BSD (FreeBSD).
>
> I am not an expert but I have studied Unix for some time now, and I use
> FreeBSD too. I would like suggestions to  make a contribution to the
> project.

One thing I'd really like to see is a port of the MIT Exokernel packet
filtering (DPF) code to FreeBSD. There's lots of potential for research in
this area, and it would be darn useful too :-) I have never looked at the
code in depth, so I don't know how tied it is to the other parts of the
exokernel, but it's worth at least a look. See
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/exo/ for more..

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson