Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 20:59:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Fuzzy <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /etc/hosts.allow & host name mismatch.

May 13 20:23:17 pooh inetd[58204]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow,
	line 6: host name/address mismatch:
	216.12.215.107 != berylsphotographs.com

host 216.12.215.107
107.215.12.216.IN-ADDR.ARPA domain name pointer berylsphotographs.com

host berylsphotographs.com
berylsphotographs.com has address 64.246.17.37
berylsphotographs.com mail is handled (pri=30) by mail.berylsphotographs.com

it appears that inetd is accurate, the forward zone and reverse zone do
not match, but that has nothing to do with us? do I have to put something
in /etc/hosts and then /etc/hosts.allow to stop these error messages?

by the way, line six in /etc/hosts.allow is a deny for another
one of these, mismatches:

ALL : speedtrap.centropolisfx.com : deny

I don't think I should have to do DNS workaround for someone elses zones.
line six has nothing to do with either the IP or hostname in the error
message?

a confused,
Fuzzy