Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:50:19 -0500
From:      "Jon Longoria" <jon.longoria@dfwgroove.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>

First post to this list,

I just finished the upgrade from 4.5-RELEASE to 4.6.2-RELEASE-p2. I did the
usual build/install for world and went through mergemaster. At the point
that I ran fast boot, I nearly went through the whole kernel boot, and then
received the following error:

/etc/rc: 427 Syntax error: ";;" unexpected (expecting "fi")
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

I've no idea what i've come across here, or what syntax i should be using
the remedy the issue. a #freebsd user advised I might want to post to this
list as he felt there might have been a solution for this. I'd guess its
obvious this is a scripting error?

Any enlightening information would be much appreciated.

Jon Longoria
Senior Web Developer
DFW Groove Productions