Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:09:54 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        FreeBSD - questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ACPI and rebooting, not.

Today I've already mentioned wi0 and vinum problems with this machine,
a Dell PowerEdge 400SC. Originally it didn't have this problem (its
first week) but after exchanging a disk drive it fails to reboot from
FreeBSD. Seems to fail where the kernel hands things back to the BIOS.
Last message on the console should be "rebooting" in bright text but
never gets there unless I disable ACPI in FreeBSD with
hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" in /boot/loader.conf or use the boottime menu.

Have I tweaked something wrong in the BIOS without knowing it?

FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9, but doesn't matter if its pure FreeBSD
5.2.1-RELEASE off the 5.2.1 install CDROM or not.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net