Date:      14 Feb 1996 16:18:26 GMT
From:      davide@galactica.it
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0 -> 2.1

Hi,

I know that is not possible to upgrade 2.0 to 2.1
without reinstalling a new system ........
I have 2 Hard Disk and the second is quite empty;
I want to know if is it possible to copy the 2.0 system
to my second HD, install the new 2.1 in the first and then
restore my settings frpm second to first.
I mean ...... is the 2.0 file system compatible with
the 2.1 one (I know tha partitions managing is not
compatible between 2.0 and 2.1).

This because I have not a good backup unit (only
the diskettes).

Thanks for reply
Ciao
Davide