Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 19:55:32 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD-related lockup? (fwd)

Some new information about my attached posting...

This seems to happen only on a machine with a CMD640-based controller. I
thought it was safe to use if you I only use one channel, but it seems
that even two devices on the primary channel can get it to hang. Does
anyone have experience with this problem? Does it only happen with a
HD+CDROM or will two HDs cause the same problems?

Does anyone have any information on what hacking is required to get the
CMD 640 to work?

TIA
Nadav