Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:31:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Snort doesn't start on boot

I've got a FreeBSD 4.4 stable box running a
Snort/Mysql.  Since I installed mysql from a package
the start script is already in /usr/local/etc/rc.d and
it works fine.  However I have written a script for
Snort that works when I do a sh snort.sh start (or
stop), yet doesn't start Snort on boot.  This is
confusing to say the least.

My system is 4.4 stable with a minimum install.  Here
is my script.  I suspect the script since that's what
I trult stink at. :)  Any help would be great.

trons01# cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
trons01# ls
00mysql-client.sh       mysql-server.sh
snort.sh
trons01# cat snort.sh
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
        start)
                if [ -x /usr/local/bin/snort ]; then
                        /usr/local/bin/snort -c
/usr/snort/snort.conf -D > /dev/null & && echo -n '
snort'
                fi
                ;;
        stop)