Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:01:31 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: feedback on CD install of 4.0-RC2

John Reynolds~ wrote:

>  o Finally, again, it seems to me that the skeleton .cshrc, .profile,
>  etc. files that are used for accounts creating during install should have the
>  following variables set:
>
>    setenv LC_ALL en_US.ISO_8859-1
>    setenv LC_CTYPE en_US.ISO_8859-1
>    setenv LANG en_US.ISO_8859-1

I agree: this would be very useful specially for non-US users. But
instead of modifying .cshrc, .profile, etc. for each account, I think
that adding the capabilities

    lang=xx_YY.ISO_8859-ZZ:\
    charset=ISO_8859-ZZ:

to the "default" entry in /etc/login.conf (or maybe to the "me" entry
in .login_conf for each account) would be a better approach. But I
would left this improvement for 4.1-RELEASE :)

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@FreeBSD.org
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-946013071