Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:23:02 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <hack@irc.igateway.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hack@irc.igateway.net
Subject:   Installation / CD-Rom help

I'm using the Walnut Creek 2.1.6-RELEASE CD-ROM and am having some
problems with installation.

1) It won't reckonize my CD-ROM. I have a Toshiba (ATAPI-IDE) CD-ROM on
my Secondary IDE as master.
	The Sony (which I'm told is compatible to Toshiba) won't auto-reckonize
my CD-ROM.
	When I change it to port 0x170 (the port my driver tells me it's on) it
conflicts with the secondary cd-rom driver.
	The WCD driver is not present in this installation, even though it's
made reference to in the READMEs, this would be the driver that is
probaly most compatible, yet it's not in the installation options.

2) When I copy the files to C:\freebsd\* it won't reckonize them. I
don't know if the mount isn't working or what but I copied everything in
windows, so I don't know if the win file system is screwing things up.

3) I can't install by FTP, it won't reckonize my modem. I'm pretty sure
my modem will work outside of the windows enviornment (it's plug and
play, but it's also on com2).

Any help would be appriciated. If I can't get this working I'm afraid
I'll have to run linux on this machine.

Thanks,

Bill Fumerola (hack@irc.igateway.net) IGateway.Net IRC Operator.