Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:54:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        green@zone.syracuse.net, tlambert@primenet.com, peter@netplex.com.au, freebsd@timog.prestel.co.uk, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS & SLICE?

> > Hmm... reference to MFS working? Really? I seem to notice otherwise. For
>
> Probably seems that way due to insufficient gathering of evidence.
> I've been using MFS on all my -current boxes for awhile and even set
> the 32 minute "worldstone" record on the quad-Xeon box by sticking
> /usr/src and /usr/obj entirely in the MFS (1GB of memory sure helps).
> I experienced no crashes or instability that could be attributed to
> MFS.

The major utility of MFS is to the install process.  As a result,
so long as it works for the install process, it works sufficiently
well for the majority of consumers.

With SLICE, it fails to work for the install process.  This is
pretty much the basis of the issue here...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.