Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:50:23 +0000
From:      "Lanny Baron" <lannyb@cybertouch.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ccrawford@cybertouch.com
Subject:   startx and ln, Mail to the world

  Hi,

 I am a ISP located in Toronto Canada. I have just put on FreeBSD
from a CDROM installation.

 The problem I am having is that I can't get startx to run. I don't
know how to make the symbollic links. I have tried all evening to run
/stand/sysinstall and when it asks if I want it to make the link I
answer YES and then tell it no for the first location but yes to the
second.

  Also, how to you get the mailer to send mail to the outside world.
We are connected to the Internet via Ethernet. I can ftp and even
http but I can't send mail for some reason. I have tried Pine and Elm
but nothing seems to work.

Well, thanks for reading this and for any advice which someone might
be able to help me with.

Our URL is http://www.cybertouch.com

Lanny