Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2016 10:00:41 +0000
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildkernel does not respect KERNCONF or JOBS in /etc/make.conf

On 12/12/2016 23:40, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> PORTS_MODULES does not work if KERNCONF contains multiple kernels:
>
> The problem is obviously in /usr/src/sys/conf/kern.post.mk (line 66):
>
> WRKDIRPREFIX?=  ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}${SRC_BASE}/sys/${KERNCONF}

hmm! I didn't know that.

I can't confirm exactly when the old way stopped working and when I
started defining modules in src.conf.

If I wanted to install a known, good kernel as /boot/workingkernel with
all of its modules, so that I can avoid kernel.old being a bad kernel
and kernel being non-bootable, how would I go about doing it?

many thanks,

--
J.