Date:      14 Mar 2003 11:11:11 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        kalts@estpak.ee
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgconfig failure repeatable, further info

--=-Cl3+siKxuNjM5RHWI2le

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 10:32, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 08:47:00AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:
>=20
> > No.  bento builds this port just fine, and it does it in a completely
> > clean environment.
>=20
> As do I. The meaning of "clean" needs further analyzing in this
> context.

bento builds ports in a jail now with empty /usr/local and /usr/X11R6
directories.

>=20
> > > Somehow the
> > > ac_aux_dir will be not set or is unset at pkgconfig configure time.
> > > This is all related to the wrapper script and procedure I'm using to
> > > build my bundle, but I guess this is a bug somewhere. This bug shows
> > > up only when the bundle is built from the beginning, does not happen
> > > when I run 'make package' under wrapper in the
> > > /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig only.
> >=20
> > So, if you're sure this is related to your wrapper, don't use the
> > wrapper.  There are other (supported) ways of setting up make variables
> > that do work.
>=20
> So I did it the "supported" way, put all things into /etc/make.conf
> and it fails consistently the same way it did before.  Here's
> everything which should matter and I can think of, the bundle
> sceleton is included as attachment.
>=20
> First, the 'make package' log, showing where and how it fails, full
> log included as attachment:
>=20

> =3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and att=
ach
>       the
>       "/usr/local/src/portbuild/usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig/work/pkgconfig-=
0.15.0/config.log"
>       including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it =
might
>       be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on =
your
>       system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1

You're building in a non-default location, but it doesn't look like
you've set PORTSDIR to this new path.  Also, is any of this path
referenced by symlink?  Can you send all the config.logs from the
pkgconfig build directory?

Joe

--=20

--=-Cl3+siKxuNjM5RHWI2le