Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 13:17:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <unknown@riverstyx.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chris@calldei.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD, GPL, the world today. (fwd)

Ewww.  So, I assume you've got 'alias "rm=rm -i"' set on all your boxes?
I hate that confirmation crap.  It's the exact same thing... sprintf is
better in many circumstances than a bounds checking similar function, as
long as you have no tainted data that's being dealt with.  Likewise, a
taint-checking language/OS is going to be slower and less efficient than
something like C/Unix, 'coz it relies on competent people behind the
wheel.  Sure, use good, safe bounds checking functions for EVERYTHING that
you write.  Just don't take that functionality away from those of us who
can/need to use it.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet