Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:07:25 +0200
From:      thrawn@linux.nu
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 ports problem when trying to build package

Hi,

I get this error when i try to build x11/XFree86-4 as an port:

thrawn/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4# make package                             2:02PM
===>  Extracting for XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
>> No MD5 checksum file.
===>   XFree86-4.2.0_1,1 depends on shared library: Xft.1 - found
===>  Patching for XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
===>  Configuring for XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
===>  Installing for XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
===>  XFree86-4.2.0_1,1 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
      If so, you may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install
      this port again by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4.
thrawn/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4#

I have the port installed but how do I get rid of the complains that it is all
ready installed?
I just want to build it to a package. Do I have to do something special if the
port is all ready installed?

More if can be provided as needed. I have the latest cvsup for the ports tree.

Thanks in advance.

Mvh Mattias Björk