Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:36:20 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
Cc:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, FreeBSD Mobile List <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

> One thing I must admit is that you PAO guys seem to know what you are talking
> about, and you have given examples of where the PCCaard code is broken and/or
> could never work.

Huh?  I was the one who stated what was wrong with the current PCCARD
code, as well as with PAO.  I also spent about 18 months doing the
laptop support for FreeBSD, as well as rewrote most of the APM code.  I
also was the first person to support working suspend/removal in FreeBSD,
with or without PAO.

I take offense that you seem to be seeing things one-sided, but maybe
I'm taking it too personally.  In any case, my opinions are not without
technical merit.  To anyone who thinks the PAO good is the greatest
things since sliced bread, I challenge you to actually look at the
patches and tell me again why you consider the current implementation in
PAO a good thing?

If you aren't a programmer or technical person, then you have very
little to say.

Nate