Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 14:27:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   Using CVsup as an rdist replacement?

Would it be possible to setup my own cvsup server to be a replacement
for rdist?

I've got a number of FreeBSD desktops that I'm currently updating
with rdist (command line and /etc/daily). But they are running
dhcp which sets the host name (I know it doesn't have to but
it does the way I've set things up) and they periodically change.

So I grabbed cvsupd 15.4 and tried following the man page. Then
installed cvsup 15.4 on the client, modified /etc/cvsupfile and
ran it but it just comes back with
empty supfile

Any hints?

--
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world.
Everyone thinks he has enough.  -Descartes, 1637