Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:04:11 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3ware 6xxx-series controllers and 6.9 firmware

OK, while trying this patch out, I have found the following:

* The patch applies to RELENG_4 with some errors, but it compiles and
installs just fine.
* with the patch and the OLD firmware, buildworld works as expected.  I can
also stress the box just fine with 20 bonnies running at the same time in
the background each writing to a file the size of all the RAM.
* The patch will work with the previous version of the firmware I have been
using, but the 3dm util complains a bit and I am now unable to download the
extended error_log on the Alarms page.

e.g.

dmesg | grep -i twe
twe0: <3ware Storage Controller> port 0xe000-0xe00f irq 15 at device 10.0
on pci0
twe0: 2 ports, Firmware FE6X 1.00.43.003, BIOS BEXX 1.04.00.009
twed0: <RAID0, Normal> on twe0
twed0: 58819MB (120462848 sectors)
e.g. when I start up the 3dmd program I see

baycrest# ./3dmd
Error: ioctl(3/0x800c5469 0x402/0xc) failed: Invalid argument.
Error: ioctl(3/0x800c5469 0x406/0x2) failed: Invalid argument.
baycrest# Error: ioctl(4/0x800c5469 0x402/0xc) failed: Invalid argument.
Error: ioctl(4/0x800c5469 0x406/0x2) failed: Invalid argument.

baycrest#

And browsing through the daemon's web pages, it generates a series of
errors/warnings as well

twed0: controller error - aborted due to system command or reconfiguration
(flags = 0x16)
twe0: TWEIO_GET_PARAM failed for 0x402/0xc/8
twed0: controller error - aborted due to system command or reconfiguration
(flags = 0x15)
twe0: TWEIO_GET_PARAM failed for 0x406/0x2/16
twed0: controller error - aborted due to system command or reconfiguration
(flags = 0x16)
twe0: TWEIO_GET_PARAM failed for 0x402/0xc/8
twed0: controller error - aborted due to system command or reconfiguration
(flags = 0x15)

I am going to try the firmware upgrade now and see how it works.

         ---Mike