Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:39:42 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Mark.Andrews@isc.org
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Mark_Andrews@isc.org, alexus <mail@alexus.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: Cron <root@c> /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile >/dev/null;cd /usr/src;make buildworld >/dev/null;make buildkernel >/dev/null

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:23:16AM +1100, Mark.Andrews@isc.org wrote:

> > I think you're missing my point.  Yes, they're probably pieces of code
> > which should be fixed by the developers, but they're not abnormal
> > messages from the FreeBSD build process (since they're there all the
> > time) which the end user needs to take action over.
> >=20
> > Kris
> >=20
>=20
> 	Except not all of them are there all the time.  There are
> 	changes to the code base and these changes can generate new
> 	warnings that happen to be over looked because of all the
> 	other warnings that are being ignored.
>=20
> 	The problem is to be able to tell which warning falls into
> 	which category.  It it the same old warning or is it a new
> 	one that really should be addressed.

Again, you seem to be missing my point.  The *end user* needs to do
nothing about these.  Coders and developers shouldn't be introducing
new warnings into FreeBSD, and they should eventually fix the ones
which are already there, but end users are not coders or developers.

This discussion seems to be going in circles, so I'll end it here.

Kris

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--