Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:38:46 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using multiple provider w/ i4b

On Sunday 09 December 2001 11:07, you wrote:
> My i4b (1.x on a more or less recent FreeBSD 4.4-stable) works
> fine with my main provider (which is my University). However,
> for some specific cases I want to use another provider. Lets
> call the Uni provider P1 and the other one provider P2.
>
> For some reason, connections to provider P2 are immediately
> closed. The setup looks as follows:

[big snip]

In my experience this is usually caused by having invalid
myauth* values. This can be easily verified by enabling
debugging on the interface and looking at the output generated
during PPP negotiation.

IMHO you're doing this all wrong. It's much simpler to use an
interface per ISP, e.g. isp0 for the university and isp1 for the
other provider. This way you don't need to jump through hoops
copying around isdnd.rc and restarting isdnd. It's much more
straight-forward with 2 interfaces, because your startup scripts
merely need to delete/add the default route.

--
Gary Jennejohn garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org