Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 17:05:08 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com
Cc:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound card recomendations for FreeBSD

Randall Hopper said:

>      The only case I think you might be tempted toward another sound card
> might be if you want to give up generally good all-around support in favor

Good all-around support meaning what? Functionality? Microsoft support?

> of full duplex audio under FreeBSD specifically (for MBone, Internet Voice,
> etc.).  As of yet, the FreeBSD soundblaster sound drivers don't support
> full-duplex PCM.  The GUS sound driver does (other cards may as well).

I too have heard the GUS card was the best supported sound card under
FreeBSD. But I don't know what a GUS card is, or where it can be found.
Hint. Hint.

If I buy a sound card (Santa didn't), full duplex audio under FreeBSD will
be a "must have".

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net