Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:15:37 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        Fengping Li <fli@studsys.mscs.mu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: READ-ONLY mbox! (fwd)

Quoting Fengping Li <fli@studsys.mscs.mu.edu>:
 [000908 18:49]:
Fengping Li>Hi there,
Fengping Li>
Fengping Li>Did you resolved your problem?
Fengping Li>The following is what I did to resolve this problem:
Fengping Li>as root, run:
Fengping Li>chown -R user-name /var/mail/user-name

My problem was coming after a make buildworld. Someone suggested that it
is related to something in mtree which I quite did not understand, but I
left it for future investigation. After rebuilding somehow the permissions
on /var/mail kept changing and with the assistance of pine (it actually
told me what the issue was when I tried it instead of mutt) I had to
change the permissions on /var/mail to 1777

Rgds

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

When you see a light at the end of the tunnel, make sure it does not get any
brighter. It could just be the headlight of an oncoming train.