Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:41:58 GMT
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/183139: ifconfig options on xn0 lost after xen vm migration to another server

>Number:         183139
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       ifconfig options on xn0 lost after xen vm migration to another server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD hostname 9.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.2-PRERELEASE #0 r255480: Wed Sep 11 19:30:27 EDT 2013     root@build9:/usr/obj/proto/src9/src/sys/AMD64-9  amd64

If I change the "options" on any of the xn network interfaces with ifconfig then perform a xenmotion, the options are reset to default after the xenmotion.  This is on a server with XenServer 6.0.2 running fairly recent patches.  I plan to re-test on XenServer 6.2 but we don't have a pool setup yet.  I'd test on FreeBSD 10 but xen-tools needs to be built with gcc instead of clang and I haven't put much effort into that yet.
>How-To-Repeat:
# ifconfig xn0
xn0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=503<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,TSO4,LRO>

# ifconfig xn0 -rxcsum
# ifconfig xn0 -lro
# ifconfig xn0
xn0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=102<TXCSUM,TSO4>

(perform xenmotion)