Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:08:00 -0500
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        'Szilveszter Adam' <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: BSD software [was Re: The Bazaar part II]

	>That is why you often have to upgrade the gcc or libc
	>just because of a new app that requests this. This leads to very
nasty
	>problems with key components getting out of sync and a frequent
need for
	>tricks and tips to keep the thing going. This is almost a non-issue
with FBSD
      >if you are tracking -STABLE in reasonable intervals,

That is exactly why I gave up on Linux. The last time I did that I wanted a
68k news reader and had to download 175M of stuff to upgrade my entire
system. Gladly I have never done this on FBSD. Examples, such as this, need
to be put in the face of Linux users and advocates. This is the prefect type
of promotion to attest to the power of BSD.