Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:26:43 -0700
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: egetty

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 06:50:38AM +0200, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 4:47 AM, bob@a1poweruser.com <bob@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> > Gert
> > I see you are using pwd command to display where in directory tree
> > you currently pointing
> > There is a way to configure FBSD to display the directory path as a
> > prefix in front of the command line so you know where you are at in
> > the directory tree at all times, thus eliminating the need to use
> > the pwd command.
> > Issue following command from command line
> >=20
> > set prompt =3D "# %/ >"        # that's "#space%/space>"
> >=20
> > /root/.cshrc gets executed when you log on as root.  Find and change
> > the set prompt command in .cshrc to the one above and you will never
> > have to use the  pwd  command again.
> >=20
>=20
> No its to long then :)

In bash, there is the ability to have it show just the current
directories name instead of the whole path, I use this for my shell to
cut down on space.  Does (t)csh have this as well?

rg"

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2
=20

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj--