Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:53:02 -0800
From:      Eric Hake <eric@clean.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP Fouled connections?

Greetings!

I'm having trouble with my user ppp installation for some reason...

1) I can get it to connect just fine with the following line:

    ppp -alias -auto pmdemand

2) Once I am connected, I can transfer from each of the machines on my
'mini-network', and it all works great -- just like it is supposed to.

3) After anywhere from 5 - 25 minutes later, the connection seems to foul
up -- leaving the modem connected, but not allowing any data to flow from
my side to the ISP...

4) If I kill the connection and restart it, I go back to step one until it
fouls up again...

Here's my 'ppp.conf' file:

default:
 set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0
OK \\
dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set redial 10 10

pmdemand:
 set phone 555-1212
 set authname joemama
 set authkey doy-de-doy
 set openmode active
 accept chap
 set timeout 900
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

Any ideas?

Thanks!
 Eric

p.s. Please reply in private since I am not currently subscribed to the
mailing list...