Date:      Sat, 05 Jul 1997 16:39:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dburr@POBoxes.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what is wrong with my machine??!

[questions eliminated - only one mailing list at a time, please]

> Hi there.  Remember me?  I posted a few days ago with a strange
> problem i've been having with gcc.  Still don't remember?  Let me

It's not gcc.

> * Overclocking.  My friend (whom I bought this machine from) said he
>   ran the cpu (a 486DX2/66) as an 80.  I think the board is still set
>   up that way too.  Could this be causing this spurious behavior?  The

You bet your life it could be causing this.  Please switch it back and
test again; overclocking is a very frequent cause of failures.

> * Bad memory.  The memory is brand new and of a reputable brand, yet
>   it still could concievably be defective.  How can I test if this is
>   true?

Hardware memory tester, that's about it.  The software solutions
don't work for spit.

					Jordan