Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:26:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Ellard <ellard@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   finding changes from one release/patch level to another?

Something slightly broke the em (gigabit ethernet) driver between
4.6.2p4 and 4.6.2p6, and I'm trying to figure what the change was so I
can back it out on my machine.  In 4.6.2p6 almost everything works,
but programs that push the device (such as netperf) can hang.  The
same program running on other ethernet devices (fxp, xl) works fine.
This happens on several machines, and they were all running correctly
before I updated them, so I doubt that it is a hardware problem.

I don't see any changes for the em driver source itself between p4 and
p6, and the announced differences between these patch levels don't
look related, but something must have changed.  Is there a
straightforward way to track down all the source code differences
between p4 and p6 (or any arbitrary pair of patchlevels)?

Thanks,
	-Dan