Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 11:30:58 -0400
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouchma@commerce.imagenet.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen.Couchman@imagenet.on.ca
Subject:   Iomega Jaz drive questions

I have just purchased a Jaz drive, and after reviewing the questions in
the archive, I have a couple of my own:

1. How do I go about formatting the disk to be used as a Unix partition?  I want to mount it so that I can backup my data to it.

2. Is there a resolution  to the 'sleep' issue?  If I access the drive after is has powered down, it causes a 'panic'.  Would placing a simple 'ls' to /dev/null in cron work around the problem?

Are there any other issues that I should be looking out for?

Thanks -- Stephen