Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:40:48 GMT
From:      Yegor Sinelnikov <yegor@grn4.recyclenet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernell does not recognise serial ports???

Hi list,

I take first the opportunity to thank those peoples who helped me
a lot with configuration of ethernet board. It indeed was at wrong
irq and that messed up everything.

Now I am facing similar problem: Even though BIOS and some DOS based
test routines report standard addresses for sio0 and sio1, they do
not get recognised during system boot. We recently upgraded the mashine
to 586 with PSI bus, which has these ports on itself. Is that a problem?
Any suggestions are appriciated. Is there a package to test serial ports
under unix, so I do not relay on DOS and CMOS reports only...

Thank you in advance

Yegor Sinelnikov