Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:51:08 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alex Kapranoff <alex@kapran.bitmcnit.bryansk.su>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/20503: apache w/ mod_perl segfaults on 'use IO;' on CURRENT

>Number:         20503
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       apache w/ mod_perl segfaults on 'use IO;' on CURRENT
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24

All build from ports. For mod_perl I tried both www/p5-Apache &
www/mod_perl.

FreeBSD-CURRENT of about 6-7 Aug 2000.

	mod_perl scripts trying to "use IO;" (probably some other modules too)
cause httpd (child) to segfault.

	This was found while trying to set up HTML::Mason environment. httpd
silently segfaulted, so I started to "use" all modules HTML::Mason
uses from a sample mod_perl script. Eventually IO was found to cause
segfault.

>How-To-Repeat:

	"use IO;" from a mod_perl script. Then watch
/var/log/httpd-errors.log.

>Fix:
	I don't have a fix. But some thougths:
I managed to "repair" some other modules like Data::Dumper and MLDBM
from segfaulting mod_perled httpd by simple rebuilding. But this may
be irrelevant to the problem as far as I DON'T remember whether
previous Data::Dumper and MLDBM were built before perl 5.6.0 hit the
CURRENT tree. But IO is in perl standard dist and therefore is built
during buildworld.