Date:      Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:14:32 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq PRoSignia 300 server

An old machine, 486/66, with on-board SCSI controller, 512 mb scsi disk,
Sony scsi cdrom. Solid as a rock under Netware 3.11, Win 95, etc, so we
thought it would be fine for a 2ndary DNS or firewall.

Compaq system bios, flashed fresh from the Jan 99 file, finds the FreeBSD
3.2-R cdrom but says it's not bootable.

So I made the 2 fbsd boot diskettes, but they cannot find the scsi disk or
cdrom.

I can't see which VLSI chip on the mboard is the SCSI chip. There TI,
Motoroloa, WDC, NCR, Signetics, etc.

There is no IDE/ATA interface on this mboard model, cheap as it is to build.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Len