Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:06:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Javier Villariño Ordóñez <villar@ceniai.inf.cu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hylafax problems

Hello:

I'm using FreeBSD 3.3 and Hylafax-4.0.2. When I try to run "faxaddmodem"
I get that:

Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type
of modem that is attached.  This takes a few seconds, so be patient.
Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the
modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem
or turn it on, or whatever).

Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.

Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?
[1]+  Terminated              ( trap 0 1 2 15; while true; do
    sleep 10; echo ""; echo "Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your
modem e
h?";
done )

I tried with several modems ZyXEL and I have always the same results...

When I try to install Hylafax I get that:

"Security hole (buffer overflow yielding setuid uucp)"

What is the meaning of that?

Could you help me???!

Thanks a lot

Javier