Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:51:38 -0700
From:      "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
To:        "Roger Olofsson" <raggen@passagen.se>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IBM HDs vanish on warm-boot?

I just had this problem this week - drives are fine until you access
one and then disappears.

Checked my bios monitor page and 12V was only 11.8V.  Changing from a
300W to a 500W power supply magically fixed the problem...

I don't claim that this is necessarily your problem, but it caught me
off-guard and it's worth looking at.

Steve