Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:15:54 -0500
From:      "Jaime Bozza" <wheelman@nuc.net>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, <arthur@argay.com.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ["Arthur Hutchcraft" <arthur@argay.com.au>] Frontpage server extensions

>> With the release of Frontpage 98, server extensions are required to be
>> loaded to the server to support the Frontpage dynamic functions.
FrontPage
>> indicate that they support all Apache systems, however it only looks for
the
>> BSDi system. Do you know any way that these extensions a\can be loaded to
>> FreeBSD and if so how.
>
>Anything that works for BSDi should work with FreeBSD with little or no
>modification.  Are you getting a specific error?

Actually, the fp_install.sh file uses "uname -a" to find what version of
*nix you're using...  I had this problem temporarily, but just modified the
script, adding the following line into the case statement.  After the line:

     BSD/OS*)         machine="bsdi" ;;

add:

     FreeBSD*)         machine="bsdi" ;;

and re-run the fp_install.sh script.  The FrontPage server extensions will
install using the bsdi tar file.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.