Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:06:11 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0BETA3 + Dell Latitude XPi : Disk problem

Ian Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>  > "Julian Stacey" wrote:
>  > > freebsd-mobile@,
>  > > ( bcc'd re@freebsd.org for info )
>  > > Suggestions please to help escape nightmare (below) of 7.0BETA3 installer
>  > > repeatedly failing on a Dell Latitude XPi, (which runs 4.11 no problem).
>  >
>  > No suggestions received, solved alone, laptop now running BETA4.
>  > Deficiences in generic FreeBSD identified, some long pre-dating 7,
>  > one of which I've sent by send-pr, more send-pr to follow ASAP.
>
> let's know which PR numbers when you do?
>
> cheers, Ian

Hi Ian, cc mobile@
For general things:
	http://berklix.org/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#send-pr
If your interest stems from same hardware as me please let me know, If so:
	http://www.berklix.org/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#hosts
	Digital HiNote Ultra2000
	Dell Latitude XPi P133ST
PLIP next needs to be send-pr'd as dead, (or better looked at :-) per
	http://www.berklix.org/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#plip
but I won't have time for a bit.

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.