Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:17:23 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Steve Dobbs <sdobbs@stupid.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE2.2 build problems

Jason Andresen wrote:

> Steve Dobbs wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I have installed portsupgrade, and ran it like you suggested.  I
> > tried to build kdebase2 (on both boxes) and I still get the "no such
> > file" message.  I tried to install kdelibs2 by itself, and I get an
> > error saying that I have KDE1 headers installed and that installing
> > this port will result in a conflict between kde1 and kde2.  I don't
> > have kde1 installed, so how can I get the kde1 headers?
>
> Hmm, the kde port check for the existance of the file:
> /usr/local/include/kfm.h
>
> Presumably if you have this file you have other kde header files.
> If the port record is gone from the install, you may have to hand
> pick through all of the header files in /usr/local/include starting
> with k to determine which ones are for kde1 and delete them by hand.
>
> KDE installs a LOT of header files unfortunatly, so it won't be
> particularly easy.  Unfortunatly it's pretty important that you get rid
> of those old header files, since they can introduce subtle bugs (or
> even straight up crashes) into the program (if you're lucky they'll
> just prevent the program from compiling).

I did a "grep KDE *" in /usr/local/include and there are kde header
files that don't begin with k. I don't know how deep you need to go.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

It is hard to believe you are soaring with Eagles (las águilas)
when you accept SPAM like a mouse (el ratón).

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com