Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 09:18:48 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Would like cdev major for driver...

J Wunsch stands accused of saying:
> I'd suggest you picking the next available cdev # (72 by now), and
> submit the driver.  The one who's going to commit it will have to
> watch for the conflict.

That's what I'm using now, but I haven't checked -current to see whether
it's used there. (looks... nope.  Ok, dibs on 72 8)

> I think it's too late to make the reservation in 2.1, you probably
> have to stick with the ``generic'' number there.

I wasn't worrying about getting the driver 'into' 2.1, I just wanted a
number that wouldn't conflict with someone bringing a 2.2 driver back, or
with someone else offering an aftermarket 2.1 driver.

> cheers, J"org

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[